HP have recently released two minor patches for HP TRIM: 7.3.2 and 7.3.4. The 7.3.2 patch addresses a minor versioning issue with the Sharepoint integration. The 7.3.4 patch contains a large number of fixes. Some major issues that have affected all previous 7.3.x releases are resolved in this build, including:
- CR 49866: Intermittent issues with TRIM hanging in an unresponsive state
The problem appears to be related to the enabler function for the TRIM tool bar, and the effect of changes happening on a displayed record by a different user. It is difficult to isolate the issue in our lab, however the command enabler function has been revised to eliminate this source of error.
Note: In some cases Global Settings should be rebuilt from scratch and saved again by the TRIM administrator to resolve the crashing issues.
- CR 49365: Client is experiencing the TRIM client crashing under normal user activity. A crash dump has been provided for analysis
Issue was identified through the crash dump and code improved to avoid the problem.
Note: This issue has affected most sites on 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2 and 7.3.3.
- CR 49321: Workgroup Servers stopped operating after users advised that they lost TRIM connectivity with the following error message: Error connecting to TRIM dataset. Client connect failed. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (0x0000274d)
Fixed. Performance improvements have been made to the workgroups server code that publishes notifications to clients. The code now uses non-blocking Windows API’s and will not hang, regardless of load.
Note: The Workgroup crashing issues present in all previous 7.3.X releases has been resolved.
- CR 49469: User Defined Fields of type Date in non-GMT time zones do not have the correct time offset applied
Fixed: Conversion of user defined dates now adds the correct GMT offset.
Note: Incorrect dates were being saved in TRIM. This was a critical issue in previous releases and was also addressed in 7.3.2 and 7.3.3.
- CR 49736: TRIM in Excel 2013 – An error message is displayed when attempting to save an MS excel file via the Save button in the TRIM integration menu bar
Fixed. TRIM Users can successfully save Excel documents when Trim integration is correctly configured.
Note: This issue caused a message to pop-up whenever saving from Excel.
Complete Release Notes & Fixes for each patch are available here: