Kapish Explorer is an application that provides an alternative interface to Micro Focus Content Manager (CM). It is designed primarily for end users and information workers to enable easy capture of information from many Windows based applications directly into Content Manager.
Simplify the complexity of Content Manager by leveraging users existing knowledge of Windows Explorer, enabling quick return on your CM investment. Allow a more seamless approach to information management, while enforcing all business rules and record keeping requirements. Access Content Manager Trays as top level folders, preview multiple documents at once, drag and drop records to create relationships, zip multiple documents to email them without launching CM and much much more…
A great tool for migration of data from Network Drives or legacy systems without the need of any coding. Internet-style search forms that are quick and each to create specificaly for your organisation and even easier for your users to find the records they need quickly.
Kapish Explorer allows users to work with CM records without ever having to open Content Manager.
Key Features and Benefits
- Kapish Explorer provides Content Manager in a familiar Windows® Explorer interface
- Browse Kapish Explorer similar to network drives and ‘drill down’ into Classifications
- Manage and Action Workflows from within Kapish Explorer
- Simple to deploy, implement and configure
- Open and save Content Manager records within their native applications e.g. Adobe PDF, web pages
- Drag & Drop multiple folders and files from network drives directly into Content Manager (for bulk migrations)
- Customised template Record Entry Form for data migration
- Design internet-style Search Forms that are specific to your organisation
- Create, view and edit Content Manager records and metadata within Kapish Explorer
- Zip and email multiple Records (both Documents and Folders)
- Categorise Content Manager records with personal, multi-level ‘Tags’
- Assign and complete Content Manager Actions from within Kapish Explorer
Operating System Requirements
- HP Records Manager 8.1.x or later (including Micro Focus Content Manager 9) installed on the PC
- Windows® 7, Windows® 8.1, or Windows® 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later
- The minimum requirements set by your current version of Content Manager
- Microsoft® Office 2010, 2013, 2016
Information for IT Department
Kapish Explorer is solely a client side application that works in conjunction with Window® Explorer and Micro Focus Content Manager (CM) to improve the user experience with Content Manager. Software installation is via a Microsoft® Installer (MSI) file, this can be run manually on each PC or via common network installation methods (e.g. SCCM, ZENworks, Group Policy etc.).