Kapish Word Add-In allows users to insert Micro Focus Content Manager (CM) Properties directly into new and existing Microsoft Word Documents. It takes the metadata details in real-time and allows the user to place those details in the body, header and footer of the document. Kapish Word Add-In template building capabilities give corporate templates a professional and accurate representation of the information stored on the records. By using the metadata stored against the record to populate the information in the document, not only improving efficiencies but also increasing accuracy – giving a high return on investment.
The mail merge functionality of Kapish Word Add-In has been extended to now enable Content Manager (formerly known as TRIM and Records Manager) to act as an organisation’s NAR (Names and Address Registry) so users can segment and target very specific elements of their contact lists directly from within MS Word. If CM isn’t the source of truth for contact information, the Word Add-In can utilise Excel (or another database) to populate the mail merge fields in conjunction with the Word Add-In pulling in Properties. When using Kapish Word Add-In mail merge, it can generate emails or letters that can be both printed as hardcopies and also saved to the required folders in Content Manager.
Kapish Word Add-In templates are also available for users from within the CM client to reply to correspondence with custom generated templates. Specific Properties are copied from the original onto the reply and these records are then related to each other so the relationship is visible on the records.
Kapish Word Add-In, helps you work smarter not harder.
Key Features and Benefits
- Single click to insert the Content Manager Record Number on documents
- Insert CM Properties (Metadata) anywhere on documents
- Set User Favourite fields for quick insertion
- Create dynamic templates containing CM metadata that updates in real-time
- Reply to existing CM correspondence with Kapish Word Add-In templates
- Mail Merge (either email or letter) and save records to CM
- Select Mail Merge recipients from Excel, CM or other system
- Create links to Excel Workbooks saved in CM
- Finalise CM Records from within Microsoft® Word
- Insert CM Location’s Signature image files into documents
- Modify CM Record Properties within Microsoft® Word
- Incorporate CM Properties into Mail Merge documents and save merged documents as individual Records in CM
Operating System Requirements
- HP Records Manager 8.1.x or later (including Micro Focus Content Manager 9) installed on the PC
- Microsoft® Office 2010, 2013 or 2016
- Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later
- The minimum requirements set by your current version of Records Manager / Content Manager
- Kapish Explorer
Information for IT Department
Kapish Word Add-In is a client side application that works in conjunction with Microsoft® Word and Micro Focus Content Manager (CM) to improve the user experience by inserting CM record details into Microsoft® Word documents. Software installation is via a Microsoft® Installer (MSI) file, this can be run manually on each PC or via common network installation methods (e.g. SCCM, ZENworks, Group Policy etc.).