Kapish Excel Add-In allows users to insert Micro Focus Content Manager (CM) Properties directly into new and existing Microsoft Excel Workbooks. It takes the metadata details in real-time and allows the user to place those details in the body, header and footer of the Workbook. Kapish Excel Add-In template building capabilities give corporate templates a professional and accurate representation of the information stored on the Records. By using the metadata stored against the record to populate the information in the Workbook, not only improving efficiencies but also increasing accuracy – giving a high return on investment.
The linked workbook functionality of Kapish Excel Add-In enables users to link Workbooks either on Network Drives or in Content Manager (formerly known as TRIM and Records Manager). If workbooks were linked when they were stored on the network, Kapish Excel Add-In is capable of moving the workbooks into CM and maintain the links. The Excel Add-In is able to edit link sources and point it to Workbooks saved in Content Manager, making for a more holistic and relistic working senarios.
Kapish Excel Add-In, helps you work smarter not harder.
Key Features and Benefits
- Single click to insert the Content Manager Record Number in Workbook cells
- Insert CM Properties (Metadata) on new or existing Workbooks
- Set User Favourite fields for quick insertion
- Create dynamic templates containing CM metadata that updates in real-time
- Create links to Excel Workbooks saved in CM
- Move Linked Workbooks to CM while maintaining the links
- Finalise CM Records from within Microsoft® Excel
- Insert CM Location’s Signature image files into Workbooks
- Modify CM Record Properties within Microsoft® Excel
Operating System Requirements
- HP Records Manager 8.1.x or later (including Micro Focus Content Manager 9) installed on the PC
- Microsoft® Office 2010, 2013 or 2016
- Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later
- The minimum requirements set by your current version of Records Manager / Content Manager
- Kapish Explorer
Information for IT Department
Kapish Excel Add-In is a client side application that works in conjunction with Microsoft® Excel and Micro Focus Content Manager (CM) to improve the user experience by inserting CM record details into Microsoft® Excel Workbooks. Software installation is via a Microsoft® Installer (MSI) file, this can be run manually on each PC or via common network installation methods (e.g. SCCM, ZENworks, Group Policy etc.).